Have you looked at MTUs on the client PCs?

If they have Windows PCs, download TCP Optimizer and set the MTU down to
1472 or less.
A lot of ADSL circuits use PPPoE and it adds overhead. By dropping the
MTU to allow for the PPPoE overhead, things will start working. IF
testing show that this makes a difference, you may need to adjust the
MTU or MSS size in your edge router to 1472 or smaller.

John