Wow - it's amazing how different everyone's experiences with CN has been.
We've had just the opposite of most of the folks posting here.  We've had
great support for our wireless efforts . . .  everything from design and
engineering to going out and finding us money to do special projects with.
If we can understand that at the root, they HAVE TO BE technology
independent, they do have some very good wireless folks, Chip Spann and Bart
Winegar among them.  As for the meeting that Robert was refering to, here in
Ohio they (Connect Ohio) have a grant that, to my way of thinking, helps me
or any other provider.  They are offering training for folks who are not
versed in the Internet to drive adoption.  Then, then in exchange for
providers offering some discount to the folks who participate in the class,
they will advertise your services, and encourage folks to subscribe.  That's
what was presented to Robert.  I don't see why he was so offended by that
proposition.

Again, it's all in your perception.  All I can say is that we have found
that they can be very helpful and are very willing to help.  Do we take
every suggestion or service they offer?  No way.  But just because we can't
use something they offer does not make them bad.  I can say without
hesitation, that I've not found them to be in the hip pocket of the telcos
or big boys at all.  They've been very supportive of our efforts here.

Dave Hannum
New Era Broadband, LLC