Sorry for the long post but I need some suggestions here guys.

Customer has a 7.3 mile 5ghz link.
MT 433AH on one end and MT 411AH on the other.
   Version 4.16 on both units.
   Both units have MT R52Hn cards.
28 db grids on both ends with 6-10ft lmr400 jumper.

Signal strength is  -65 to -65 on one end and -66 to -67 on the other.
CCQ is 98 to 100%

Configured as bridge wds on one end and station wds on the other.

This customer is a school and when they came back from Christmas break
the link was down.
This is in a rural area and no other 5 ghz systems show up in a scan so
it is a 50/50 shot at the one that is bad.
We changed the card in one unit and that was not it so we changed the
card in the other unit and the link came back up.
It was not working 100% and would go down and up but the signal looked
ok.  It was at -70 at the time.
The only way I could get it to stay up was to change to a 5meg bandwidth.

The link finally stabilized with the 5 meg channel.
This would have to do until we could go back and check cables and
connections.

Well it has worked ok for the most part since then but we have noticed
that when it rains
the link starts dropping out again even though the signal stays good
when it is connected.

Sounds like water in a connection so I went yesterday to check some
connections and they look good.
Had electrical tape, mastic, and electrical tape.  I actually cut open
one just to inspect and was dry.
I know it only takes one connection to cause a problem but visual
inspection of all connections looked ok.
Next trip we will have new cables and new antenna.

After I finished messing around with the first unit the link started
going down and up.
The strange thing about this is that when it is up the signal is a solid.
About every 60 seconds the link would drop out and come right back up.
It did this for about an hour and finally stabilized.  Sounds like
interference.

Here are a few lines from both logfiles.

05:28:53 wireless,info 00:0C:42:62:E4:82@wlan1: disconnected, extensive
data loss
05:29:00 wireless,info 00:0C:42:62:E4:82@wlan1: connected, wants WDS
05:30:01 wireless,info 00:0C:42:62:E4:82@wlan1: disconnected, extensive
data loss
05:30:10 wireless,info 00:0C:42:62:E4:82@wlan1: connected, wants WDS
05:31:10 wireless,info 00:0C:42:62:E4:82@wlan1: disconnected, extensive
data loss
05:31:19 wireless,info 00:0C:42:62:E4:82@wlan1: connected, wants WDS
05:32:20 wireless,info 00:0C:42:62:E4:82@wlan1: disconnected, extensive
data loss
05:32:28 wireless,info 00:0C:42:62:E4:82@wlan1: connected, wants WDS
05:33:29 wireless,info 00:0C:42:62:E4:82@wlan1: disconnected, extensive
data loss
05:33:37 wireless,info 00:0C:42:62:E4:82@wlan1: connected, wants WDS

feb/13 16:14:51 wireless,info 00:0C:42:62:E0:A6@wlan1: lost connection,
not polled for too long
feb/13 16:14:58 wireless,info 00:0C:42:62:E0:A6@wlan1 established
connection on 5200, SSID Hillview
feb/13 16:16:01 wireless,info 00:0C:42:62:E0:A6@wlan1: lost connection,
not polled for too long
feb/13 16:16:08 wireless,info 00:0C:42:62:E0:A6@wlan1 established
connection on 5200, SSID Hillview
feb/13 16:17:10 wireless,info 00:0C:42:62:E0:A6@wlan1: lost connection,
not polled for too long
feb/13 16:17:17 wireless,info 00:0C:42:62:E0:A6@wlan1 established
connection on 5200, SSID Hillview
feb/13 16:18:19 wireless,info 00:0C:42:62:E0:A6@wlan1: lost connection,
not polled for too long
feb/13 16:18:26 wireless,info 00:0C:42:62:E0:A6@wlan1 established
connection on 5200, SSID Hillview
feb/13 16:19:28 wireless,info 00:0C:42:62:E0:A6@wlan1: lost connection,
not polled for too long
feb/13 16:19:35 wireless,info 00:0C:42:62:E0:A6@wlan1 established
connection on 5200, SSID Hillview

My Conclustions are possibly 2 problems.

1.  Water somewhere ?
        I will have to check each connection and or replace jumper cable
and possibly antenna.
      Has anyone seen the grid element go bad and leak?

2.  Interference ?
      Maybe need spectrum analyzer to check things out.
      What is the timing of a radar signal sweep?

Also, one tower has a lot of slack in the guy wires and it was moving a
lot more than I liked in the wind yesterday.
I think that might be a problem but I don't think it would cause it to
drop every 60 seconds.

If you made it this far, thank for reading.

LaRoy McCann
Data Technology
Trumann, AR