At 2/14/2011 01:40 PM, you wrote:

> > (Of course when I point out the same thing to netheads, that TCP/IP
> > is terribly obsolete, they look at me like I'm nuts, but then they're
> > inside the belly of their beast too.)
>
>If you have a link to any of your past writings along that regard I
>would very much like to see them.

Sure, be happy to.  My web site has a couple.  You can poke around
http://www.ionary.com/vis.html or just go to this article
http://www.ionary.com/PSOC-MovingBeyondTCP.pdf for a summary of our
RINA proposal and the motivations behind it.  And from 2005, before
we went public with PNA/RINA, I wrote this little phillipic about IPv6:
http://www.ionary.com/ion-ipv6.html

The Pouzin Society web site also has some material.

> >>Just give us the spectrum. We'll build the damn broadband. It is that
> >>easy. The "voucher" should be the exclusive spectrum license granted
> >>to those who build the tower and serve the broadband. Why do we have
> >>to have auctions, USF and go broke with paying out trillions in
> >>stimulus.
> >>
> >>Free Spectrum Licenses = Universal low-cost broadband. Problem solved.
> >>Scriv
> >
> > Good idea.  Of course it doesn't fly with the FCC, and for the
> > silliest reason:  The people in charge of "broadband" and USF are the
> > FCC's Wireline [prevention of] Competition Bureau, while auctions
> > belong to the Wirelss Telecommunications Bureau.  WTB will no nothing
> > to help WCB.  Each has its own metrics.  WTB's is auction revenue, so
> > free spectrum would hurt their metrics.  And WCB's subsidiary USAC
> > can just raise taxes.
> >
> > I actually proposed this once and the results were "interesting":
> >
> > A brief, sad study in how the FCC reads Comments
> >
> >     Fred Goldstein,  November 2003
> > http://www.ionary.com/ion-FCC-comments.html
> >

>Fred, I can definitely feel your pain. And I am also greatly
>enlightened with the revelations I read in your article. I have seen
>the same level of near schizophrenic interpretations of comments in
>how they word their R&Os. I learned something in your article I did
>not know about the WTB and the WCB. I did not know how their missions
>were at odds. Thank you for sharing this perspective. I would suggest
>everyone read Fred's article. The date may be from 2003 but the
>content is very much apropos to the issues we are facing today within
>the FCC.
>John Scrivner

And that's the sad thing.  When K-Mart left the FCC, there was
jubilation in the halls of The Portals and outside too.  But while
Julius has not been the martinet that K-Mart was, he has left the
silos intact, preferring instead to put on little kabuki dances for
the crowds ("Neutrality", "Plan") while still largely doing the
incumbents' bidding.

  --
  Fred Goldstein    k1io   fgoldstein "at" ionary.com
  ionary Consulting              http://www.ionary.com/