Which firmware are you running?

I had both boxes running 5.0, and I exported specific sections of the
configuration instead of everything in one shot. Still I found that if I
imported the files into the target box and ran import from the command line it
fail with an error but if I opened the file with a text editor, copied the
config and pasted it at the command line it worked fine.

The problem with doing the entire config in one shot is things like the
/interface section has the source box's MAC addresses which will get cloned to
the target box if you don't delete that out. Also there is a section in /system
where it talks about CPU frequency which could be an issue. I think it's best
to just get the key sections. I did /ip firewall, /queue, /system script,
/system scheduler, /ip address, /ip pool. I think in the future I'd do just the
bare minimum to get the box accessible via WinBox and then while having access
to both boxes via WinBox do the rest section by section.

I didn't have any issues with the port names being associated with the wrong
ports.

Greg