From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On Behalf
Of Scott Carullo
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 11:07 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Rope

You can get cheaper rope, but if you want the best call bluewater and have them
cut you whatever length you want (they make the stuff).  Get Bluewater II plus
static rope about 200M (656ft) that will handle everything you are doing and
last longer than you need it if you take care of it.  We keep ours in trash
cans like some of the others have mentioned (get the good rubbermaid cans not
the cheapies they break)

don't store it wet and try to keep it out of the dirt, for the most part it
should go out of and into the bucket.

Get a truck winch from midwest unlimited (capstain) and you will forever thank
yourself.

You do not need another rope to pull up this one.  Just put a loop in the end
have your climbers climb up with it hanging down.  We've gone over 400ft up
without problems this way.  You can control where the rope goes too, throwing a
bag and hoping for the best doesn't seem like a good idea to me.  Carry it up
put it right where you want it.  Theres lots of tricks, don't have time to
share them now.  Just make sure the guy taking the rope has an appropriate
weight (at least 5lbs - use lead deep fishing weight) and they need a pully,
strap and carabiner.  Then you are in business.

I don't like dynamic (or normal rope) as it stretches way too much for my
tastes.  Use a static rope I think you would be happier and get braided - not 3
twist stuff, you'll have a mess after loading it up and taking it down.

have fun :)

Scott Carullo

Technical Operations

855-FLSPEED x102