From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Sam Tetherow
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 9:19 AM
To: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Internet Censorship

As an individual I think it is way out of line.  Near as I can tell it
circumvents due process.  I doubt it will stand up in court, but if it
passes someone is going to have to challenge it first.  Basically it takes
all those lovely copyright violation emails you get and turns them in to
something with real teeth.

It assumes everyone who has a complaint filed against them is guilty until
proven otherwise, it crosses international borders (.com, .org and .net are
not US only domains), and like most anti-terrorism, anti-piracy legislation
it is next to worthless in stopping the problem, but still manages to
curtail citizen rights.  I wonder how long it will be before someone starts
filing takedown notices on campaign sites that use copyrighted music in
their ads...

If they spent half as much time trying to find a real solution to the
problem or actually prosecuting violators of the laws on the books...

</rant>