I agree with your first sentence, Marlon, but your second comment seems
unclear because everyone hands off traffic.

The main difference between 3rd party and in-house VoIP is that you have
a different set of rules to follow for CALEA compliance specifically for
voice service providers that includes the requirement to provide call
records to the LEA (called number, start call, end call, call duration,
etc.). There are other differences, but this is the main difference. The
WISPA CALEA Standard does not apply to VoIP intercepts when VoIP is
hosted in-house. The IPNA standard is specifically for Network Access
providers (the "NA" in IPNA) and not for Voice Service Providers.

We should have a standard for wireless VoIP providers, because a lot of
WISPs offer VoIP today compared to the time when we started writing the
first WISPA CALEA standard.

jc