  From: Jack Unger
  To: WISPA General List
  Cc: WISPA's FCC Committee
  Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 11:01 AM
  Subject: Re: [WISPA] USF/CAF

  In fact, WISPA has already gone on record AGAINST the current rule that a
single company has to provide both voice and data. WISPA asked the FCC to
change the rule so that CAF subsidies would be denied in "an area subject to
unsubsidized competition". What this means is that if an area is already served
with both voice and broadband data, even if these services are provided by two
separate companies, then no one else should be able to receive subsidies to
serve that area.

  (Crack! "Base hit!! It's a double to center field!!")

  jack