Interesting. I always thought that this was the way to guarantee that the
ISP would not be liable.

-----Original Message-----
From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Bret Clark
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2013 11:47 AM
To: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: Re: [WISPA] DMCA infringent notices...

On 03/16/2013 09:31 AM, Adam Greene wrote:
> The DCMA guidelines are pretty clear on the "notice and take down"
> requirements you have to fulfill to remain compliant yourself as the ISP.
> It's not a big deal in our experience.

Been awhile since we've gotten any, but I don't believe any ISP has a legal
obligation or legally required to meet some compliance. Basically the same
reason the phone company can't be sued when phone lines are used for illegal
activity.

In any case we forward them on with a link to our AUP and call it a day.