On 10/17/2013 10:08 PM, Clay Stewart wrote:
Offer service to upgrade for $99... WIN7 plus labor?

Remember, there is no upgrade from XP to Win7. It has to be a clean install, wiping out existing embedded software installation. (Now why embedded software even exists is a different story, but many costly applications work that way, because that's how MS tells them to do it, and MS Office is the worst example.) That's impractical for many users, so we happily stick with XP on our older machines.

I think the security risk is overstated. Most of the patches are to very specific, obscure threats. The biggest threats nowadays are in email attachments, web pages, and other things that people click on by mistake. Those threats apply even to actively-patched systems.