We do it.

We manage our entire WISP network like a giant Hotspot.  People can choose all
sorts of different plans that are tailored for the particular tower, town, or
marina they are at.

The most speed offerings we currently have at any one location is 2, although
we could have many.  We can also have those broken down into multiple versions
of a cap (we call it a fair-use quota).

The most time periods we have at any one location is about 7 (hourly, daily,
weekend, week, month, quarter, year).

This is because of the seasonal nature of our customers. Marinas have residents
more in the Spring, Summer, and Fall. Although we have one marina with giant
boats and many of them live aboard year round.

Doing it this way, the Mikrotiks control speeds, bursting, and throttling and
we never have to bill or collect any money from anyone.

If a user moves around on the lake between different marinas, the centralized
RADIUS lets him take his settings with him.

We have a some APs on a couple of marinas that have sectors pointing to public
and State campgrounds, so we pick up that business too.  Outdoor UniFis are
great for all of this, and we use lots of them on sectors like this.

When Wireless Orbit closed its doors, we scrambled to find a back end portal to
do all this and we finally settled on one. They are doing some customization
for us now to get things the way we want.

It is so nice now to be able to see/change all the user data in the SQL
database. Wireless Orbit stunk in that respect.

If you would like to see our progress, and what the users see, visit
http://tinyurl.com/ksqn7zq