We are suppose to make a profit?

On 12/30/2013 09:51 PM, Phil Curnutt wrote:
Granted that our model is way different then yours, we are a non-profit member owned, volunteer operated, coop, but we give everybody 2 up and 2 down (now that we have an AirFiber backhaul) and are still scrambling to keep up with the members usage (400 members covering 600 square miles). And, they always want more.

Charging $30 a month. Of course we only have one paid employee. The folks here in NM are happy to get that as their only alternative is dial-up or satellite. When CenturyLink finally moves into a neighborhood we actually encourage new inquires to go with them as we still have tons of folks with no options other then us.

It cost us about $30K every time we have to upgrade the backbone and back haul and APs, but luckily we have enough time between upgrades to bank the funds.

I don't know how you guys can make a profit.

Phil