From: wi...@mncomm.com
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2014 9:03:51 AM
Subject: [WISPA] OT Fax over Voip

I have a customer that we installed an IP phone system for. They moved their
office to a new building where the telco couldn’t or wouldn’t bring service to.
So I have the PBX at their old location where the COs come in and we go over a
wireless link to the new office where they use their internet and IP phones,
and all works great.

So their fax machine sits at their old location and they want it in their new
location. They are not interested in doing Internet fax at this time, but I may
have to introduce it again. A while ago we bought some Grandstream gateway
devices. We have them configured correctly and they transmit and receive voice
just fine, just no fax.

So, the scenario would be the CO goes into a gateway device to convert to
digital, goes over the LAN to the other gateway device. That device hooks up to
the fax machine. If someone has done this before can you share the products you
may have used? The products we have say they will work this way, but no luck,
just voice transmission. I may have a bad device as well.

Also, is there any internet fax services that allow users to use their existing
fax machine? I know it’s a little weird to ask that, but some people have a
hard time with change using their PC to send faxes

thanks
heith
mnwireless