From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org <wireless-boun...@wispa.org> on behalf of Dan
Petermann <d...@wyoming.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 1:31:30 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] What would you use a drone for?

To use one commercially you will need to have a UAV license from the FAA. It
takes about a month of studying and $150.00 for the test. Fines are very high,
especially as the FAA is looking to make examples of people to discourage
breaking the law.

Even recreational use requires the drone to be registered with the FAA, unless
it weighs less than 1/2 a pound.

No flights are authorize within 5 miles of an airport unless you get tower
permission first.

There are a myriad of rules that people are breaking every day. Flights within
a TFR could result in prison time.

I got my license last month.