Patrick a WISPA member squarecomputer.

On May 13, 2017 12:06 PM, Leon Zetekoff <wa4...@backwoodswireless.net> wrote:

when I was at Windstream,  FOrtinet was their FW of choice. PAETEC was just integrated into Windstream (where I came from) and we used Watchguards. Having been trained on both, the problem with the Fortinets, IMHO, is the inconsistency between CPE and Cloud interfaces. ALso, everything is done in the browser and its very clunky and confusing at times. WG has a client (even though they are slowly trying to go to a browser based client) but the interface in the client is consistent across the product lines. Also, there is an inconsistency on the Fortinet when using the interface on the device itself versus the management system. One other item was some things could only be done in the CLI.

Having said that,  when I was in the Security Operations Center of Windstream, I wrote the following three papers distributed to our team internally:

o    Duplicated Networks with Fortinet firewalls and Remote VPN dialups

o    Social Networks and Fortigate Web Filters

o    Fortigate Site-2-Site VPNs with Meraki Remote Peer

I agree the Mikrotik firewall is not something I would use since it has no UTM and i find it confusing. Also to define a simple rule to do BOTH TCP and UDP, for example, you have to create multiple rules. On WG and Fortinet it is much easier.

THe Fortinet HA works very well as I did configure a few of those when I was there. I am also not a CISCO fan but have to deal with them.

FWIW, I am a WG reseller.

Leon