We are a Meraki shop, but this particular customer required Fortigate

From: <wireless-boun...@wispa.org<mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org>> on behalf
of Mike Francis <mfran...@jmfsolutions.net<mailto:mfran...@jmfsolutions.net>>

Gino A. Villarini

President
Metro Office Park #18 Suite 304 Guaynabo, Puerto Rico 00968

[cid:aeronet-logo_310cfc3e-6691-4f69-bd49-b37b834b9238.png]

Date: Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 11:19 AM
To: WISPA General List <wireless@wispa.org<mailto:wireless@wispa.org>>
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Source for Fortigate reseller

It is not Cisco or Sonicwall! The list is long. For us we have always been a
Cisco & Mikrotik shop, but felt we were messing  a piece of the security and
firewall business. Mikoritk has a great firewall, but it is not active o what
you would consider an Enterprise firewall. Cisco has a great firewall, but it
is expensive and complex.

We got involved with Fortinet through a client who needed support for several
hundred units. Once we started dealing with Fortinet we quickly realized how
powerful what they have built really is. The Unified Threat Management is very
advanced and very scalable. There are several pieces that make it a  true
Enterprise solution like the Forti-manger, the Forti-analyzer etc. On top of
that the Next Gen, IPS, VPN forwarding and processing is very impressive, and
so are the management, the Virtual Domain, the HA config, the Clustering
technology and so on. We also do a lot of virtual routing and their
Fortigate-VM is very nice too. There is a reason these guys are growing so fast
and are on the top of every security vendor list out there.

Another thing is that they really vet their partners. One thing that I have
noticed in the security industry is that if a IT guys says he/she is using a
sonicwall, that is a potential red flag.  +80% of the time they have no idea
what they are doing. When someone says they are a Fortinet Partner, they have
been through the proper training, been vetted and it is much more likely you
are talking to someone who knows what they are doing.

Thank you,

John Michael Francis II
JMF Solutions, Inc
Wavefly - Internet | Voip | Cloud
INC 5000 #2593
CRN Fast Growth #105
251-517-5069
http://jmfsolutions.net
http://wavefly.com

"People are unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered. Love them anyway. If
you do good, people may accuse you of selfish motives. Do good anyway. If you
are successful, you may win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway. The
good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Honesty and
transparency make you vulnerable. Be honest and transparent anyway. What you
spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway. People who
really want help may attack you if you help them. Help them anyway. Give the
world the best you have and you may get hurt. Give the world your best anyway."
By: Mother Teresa
What's some of the selling points with Fortigate?

Jon Langeler
Michwave Technologies, Inc.

On May 12, 2017, at 4:34 PM, Mike Francis
We are a Forigate partner and do a lot of Fortigate business. I will send you a
quote.

[...]

<mime-attachment.png>