On Nov 6, 2014, at 10:49 AM, Guy Harris <g...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> If the vast majority of users would always use their system-wide language
> setting, with the users who don't being, for example, developers working on
> translations, and there's a way to, for example, override it with an
> environment variable, perhaps that's sufficient.

And if Wireshark doesn't obey the system-wide language setting with the
(mis-named) "Auto" setting for language (I'm looking at *you*, Qt Wireshark on
KDE 4...), that's a bug and needs to be fixed.

("Mis-named" because it should be something such as "System setting", to
indicate what defines the language.  I'll fix that.)