Yes, well, I have a drive with my old OS and applications while I'm migrating
another to the new OS. You don't know all the hiccups and incompatibilities
until you give it a shot.

Installing Java is not a problem. I expected that ODBC would be natively
supported by the OS as it (sorta) was previously. the upgrade wiped everything
out. wondering what the right protocol is to re-install.