1. If we set DisableModify="button" we get an Uninstall/Change button that triggers maintenance mode, so the BA wouldn't go straight into uninstall. +1 on doing this for WiX v3.9. 2. Someone could still run the bundle with a switch, so we should disable Update when /uninstall is passed. +0 on doing this for WiX v3.9; +1 for v3.10. 3. Confirming the /uninstall switch...+0. Personally, I turn off "are you sure" prompts and only occasionally yell when I screw up. :)

On 28-Jul-14 21:17, Hoover, Jacob wrote:

I'd agree. I don't think a double click should auto uninstall without confirmation. For WixSTDBA the BA prompts for an uninstall or modify whereas the WixBA does not. What is the expected behavior of WixBA on double click? Prompt to uninstall and if cancel abort? Would you only want a Modify to allow for update checking?

I won't be available for Thursdays meeting, but maybe we can get it on the agenda for next Thursday.

*From:*Sean Hall [mailto:r.sean.h...@gmail.com]
*Sent:* Monday, July 28, 2014 5:32 PM
*To:* WiX toolset developer mailing list
*Subject:* Re: [WiX-devs] WixToolset.org issue...

When you double click on WiX in ARP, you're asking it to uninstall. I thought there was an issue open asking for WixBA to ask for confirmation but I can't find it.

It looks like this is not the same issue I submitted. Here's the steps that I think happened:

1. You double clicked on WiX in ARP, causing it to send the uninstall command line to WixBA.

2.  During the initial detect cycle, WixBA successfully found an update.

3.  WixBA parses the command line and automatically starts uninstalling.

4.  You click the Update button.

5. After the uninstallation completes, WixBA goes ahead and tries to do an UpdateReplace.

So I think the core issue is that WixBA let you click the Update button. It probably shouldn't enable the button until it's waiting on the user to decide which action to take. I think it would be even better if it was able to skip checking for updates entirely if the command was specified on the command line.

Infragistics Professional
Build stunning WinForms apps today!

sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/