Do the dll version numbers change automatically in the build ?

-----Original Message-----
From: john.burak [mailto:john.bu...@telvent.com]
Sent: 26 January 2012 18:21
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Our WiX patch installer is very slow

As a follow up to my last email here, it turns out signing was /not/ the
issue after all.  If we compile a .NET assembly twice in a row (same source
code each time) the second DLL is binary-different than the first.  Maybe
it's putting a time stamp in there.  So I'm guessing Torch is doing a binary
comparison and seeing all of our assemblies as different each time.  I'm
going to see if anyone's solved this in this mailing list, and if not I'll
ask about it.

- John

SDL PLC confidential, all rights reserved.
If you are not the intended recipient of this mail SDL requests and requires
that you delete it without acting upon or copying any of its contents, and we
further request that you advise us.
SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 02675207.
Registered address: Globe House, Clivemont Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7DY,
UK.