> True, but if that was the case asthma rates would have been higher
> back in the old days also, when everybody had some sort of animal in
> their apartments, along with the rats and cockroaches but they
> weren't.  They are higher today.

My theory for the higher asthma rates has nothing to do with any old
or new
triggers. It has to do with peoples immune systems. The children being
born in
the city have weakened immune systems from all of the polluted air
they breathe in.

Years ago, the children were not exposed to the chemicals they are
today. Thats a fact.

> "Researchers say that atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2) may be a main
> culprit"
>
> That is al-gorian BS.

Sorry, But it was a Harvard Medical Study.  But of course that is NOT
good enough for you??

> Yeah, but it has nothing to do with the high asthma rates in inner
> city kids.    Now if the entire world showed high rates from all walks
> of life then maybe that statement would be true.

They have shown that Co2 is 60% higher in the city.....Add that to all
the other pollutants
and you have an Asthma epidemic!