I was always told not too, especially since Google wouldn't be able to
distingush a 404 from a 200. I suppose it's each to their own though.

Paul.

2009/2/19 Alex Hempton-Smith <[email protected]>

> Just wondering... is it good SEO to redirect 404's to the homepage/any
> other
> page?
> For example, "http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/this-should-be-a-404";
> just
> redirects to "http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/";.
>
> I would have imagined an actual 404 page would be better?
>
> -- Alex
>
>
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 8:57 PM, Paul Robinson <[email protected]
> >wrote:
>
> > I believe it replaced all the words in your blog with the word penis...
> > Something like that. Entirely pointless but rather quite funny. :P
> >
> > 2009/2/19 Stephen Rider <[email protected]>
> >
> > > Looks as though it's been pulled.  *ahem*
> > >
> > > So what was it?
> > >
> > > Stephen
> > >
> > > On Feb 18, 2009, at 9:16 PM, Paleo Pat wrote:
> > >
> > >  http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/penispress/
> > >>
> > >> WTF?
> > >>
> > >
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > wp-testers mailing list
> > > [email protected]
> > > http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-testers
> > >
> > _______________________________________________
> > wp-testers mailing list
> > [email protected]
> > http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-testers
> >
> _______________________________________________
> wp-testers mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-testers
>
_______________________________________________
wp-testers mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-testers

Reply via email to