Or Someone could just put the plug-in back because it's just so damn funny.
-----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Alex Hempton-Smith Sent: February-19-09 7:25 PM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [wp-testers] Um, Seriously? Well, I would think it's more user friendly to have a 404 telling the user that plugin doesn't exist, with the plugin name they were looking for already populating a search box perhaps? /extend/plugins/foobar, would have 'foobar' already populating the search box on the "404 - Plugin not found" page. Just my 2 cents I guess :) -- Alex On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 11:13 PM, Otto <[email protected]> wrote: > I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea to replace a 404 with a 301 > redirect, if you can redirect the user to a useful page. A search > engine would likely eliminate the link when it ran across it, or > internally combine it with the new link. It would get rid of the older > link on search engines rather quickly, I assume. > > -Otto > _______________________________________________ > wp-testers mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-testers > _______________________________________________ wp-testers mailing list [email protected] http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-testers No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.0.237 / Virus Database: 270.11.0/1959 - Release Date: 02/18/09 20:55:00 _______________________________________________ wp-testers mailing list [email protected] http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-testers
