We are currently running our wpkg setup with just one central repository or
software store. However we have samba "home servers" for all of our individual
sections, some of which are remote offices. These remote offices internet
connection back to us is via a T1 and can get backlogged easily. I am looking
into a way to enable the users at these locations to be able to pull packages
from a share on their local server rather than pull across the T1 ad be
figthing with all of our other users also. I still want to keep the configs and
base wpkg centralized so as to make administration easier. I could use rsync
and cron to keep the remote packages up to date also. My issue is how to
implement this? Would I simply change the individual people's profile.xml
SOFTWARE variable to point to the share on their local server? Thanks in
advance for an input.
--
Donny B.