Mandi! Donny Brooks
  In chel di` si favelave...

> We are currently running our wpkg setup with just one central repository or
> software store. However we have samba "home servers" for all of our
> individual sections, some of which are remote offices. These remote offices
> internet connection back to us is via a T1 and can get backlogged easily. I
> am looking into a way to enable the users at these locations to be able to
> pull packages from a share on their local server rather than pull across the
> T1 ad be figthing with all of our other users also. I still want to keep the
> configs and base wpkg centralized so as to make administration easier. I
> could use rsync and cron to keep the remote packages up to date also. My
> issue is how to implement this? Would I simply change the individual people's
> profile.xml SOFTWARE variable to point to the share on their local server?
> Thanks in advance for an input.

I use this setup. I manage 10-15 WPKG ''server'', all recipe (packages)
base are kept in sync using csync2, while profile and hosts setup are
local.

Every installation have a different client config file (i use wpkg
client, so settings.xml) that point to the right software repository,
that i keep in sync with unison.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin                                 GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

           http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/chi_siamo/5xmille.php