On Monday, May 14, 2012 10:32 AM CDT, Marco Gaiarin <g...@sv.lnf.it> wrote:

> Mandi! Donny Brooks
>   In chel di` si favelave...
>
> > We are currently running our wpkg setup with just one central repository or
> > software store. However we have samba "home servers" for all of our
> > individual sections, some of which are remote offices. These remote offices
> > internet connection back to us is via a T1 and can get backlogged easily. I
> > am looking into a way to enable the users at these locations to be able to
> > pull packages from a share on their local server rather than pull across
> > the T1 ad be figthing with all of our other users also. I still want to
> > keep the configs and base wpkg centralized so as to make administration
> > easier. I could use rsync and cron to keep the remote packages up to date
> > also. My issue is how to implement this? Would I simply change the
> > individual people's profile.xml SOFTWARE variable to point to the share on
> > their local server? Thanks in advance for an input.
>
> I use this setup. I manage 10-15 WPKG ''server'', all recipe (packages)
> base are kept in sync using csync2, while profile and hosts setup are
> local.
>
> Every installation have a different client config file (i use wpkg
> client, so settings.xml) that point to the right software repository,
> that i keep in sync with unison.
>
> -- dott. Marco Gaiarin                                    GNUPG Key ID:
> 240A3D66
>   Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/
>   Polo FVG  -  Via della Bontà, 7 - 33078  -  San Vito al Tagliamento (PN)
>   marco.gaiarin(at)sv.lnf.it    tel +39-0434-842711  fax +39-0434-842797
>
>               Dona il 5 PER MILLE a LA NOSTRA FAMIGLIA!
>          http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/chi_siamo/5xmille.php
>       (cf 00307430132, categoria ONLUS oppure RICERCA SANITARIA)

Thanks for that. So if I read correctly you actually have separate servers for
each location? Meaning you have each locations wpkg client software pointing to
their local server rather than a centralized one? Then you just make changes to
the central settings.xml and it propogates to the other servers?

--
Donny B.