<<But you have to agree that at the moment, the state of IE5 and IE6 is bad...>>

I'm not sure I do really. I have copies of IE5, 5.5, and 6.0 on my PC for development purposes. I find that (within reason) I am able to create cross-browser layouts and designs without much difficulty. It is true that there are times when I must resort to the odd hack or two, but I keep that down to a minimum. IE5.x is a pain, but IE6 is actually pretty darn good for an old timer.

The thought of Firefox (my browser of choice) having a dominant market share is somewhat unsettling at the moment, because it is still very much in development. I'll be much happier with that concept once it has had it's 1.0 "stable" release.

It is worth noting, by the way, that the excellent work of Dean Edwards* may alleviate your IE5.5/6.0 problems. IE5 support is coming soon.

Simon Jessey
mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web : http://jessey.net/blog/
work: http://keystonewebsites.com/