From: "russ - maxdesign" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Web Standards Group" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, May 02, 2004 11:06 PM
Subject: Re: [WSG] Request: Is it semantically correct?

This new example is much cleaner code - less divs etc. However, it is hard
to tell if it is semantically correct without real content inside.

Some may disagree, but I would have to say at present it looks like it is
pushing the DL slightly more than it should as there does not seem to be a
direct relationship between the dt and the dd.

'Others believe that definition lists can be used to tie together any items
that have a direct relationship with each other (name/value sets).'
http://www.maxdesign.com.au/presentation/definition/

I think the paragraph is the thing that breaks the direct relationship for
me is it's between the heading and the list.

This example works as a DL:
<dt>Fruit<dt>
<dd>pear<dd>
<dd>apple<dd>
<dd>banana<dd>

This example does not seem to work as well, as the paragraph interrupts the
direct relationship.
<dt>Fruit</dt>
<dd>
    <ul>
      <li>pear</li>
      <li>apple</li>
      <li>banana</li>
    </ul>
</dd>

Of course, it all comes down to personal opinion!
What do others reckon?
Russ