Kay

Yep, Netscape 7 (7.01 I think) is basically Mozilla 1.01. It's available on the Mozilla.org old releases page. I believe 7.1 is forked off the Mozilla 1.4 codebase and that's when support for OS8 and 9 got dropped. There's a roadmap somewhere on the Moz site with all this.

Cheers
James

Kay Smoljak wrote:

James Ellis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

That said, I *will* try, as it is the only useful browser for OS8 - 9, apart from Mozilla 1.0x from 2002.

I convinced a client on OS9 to upgrade from Netscape 4(!) to Netscape 7. I had to hunt for it - the very latest version of Netscape is OSX only, but a previous release was OS9 compatible. I think I found it on the Canadian Netscape site.

K.

--
Kay Smoljak
http://kay.smoljak.com