How cute.

"What good are standards when browsers change so fast by adding new features
every month? Or, the needs and demands of the users change with the latest killer app?"

It appears that your friend has been living in a cave since the browser wars...
The rest is the usual "well, these big sites are not valid, so why bother" drivel.

Kept me entertained for all of 17 seconds.

Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford
http://www.salford.ac.uk