Marie wrote:

I can't believe y'all are taking this guy seriously enough to even comment

I can. I'm guessing that the reason so many have commented is that they are so blown away by the nonsensical idiocy put to HTML. Often in situations, such as this one, where one is overwhelmed by the conflict between what their senses tell them (in this case through reading) and what they know to be true, almost as a reflex they are compelled to comment.

I myself would probably have commented too, were it not that by reading what others had to say my own need to shout "THIS ISN'T TRUE!" was largely satisfied. (That, and sneaking a few comments into my meta-comment.)

he's trolling

I'm not so sure; I get the feeling that he actually believes his own drivel--sad as that may be.