Dan,

Sorry I meant it'll take time to absorb the JavaScript closures article.
I'll need to comprehend that before moving to your example.
The techniques used I found very strange. I sort of follow, but failed to comprehend.
If you don't mind there'll be some questions at the end of the week?

BTW the sample code came out as gibberish on a Mac ie5.2 OS9 & OSX.
I didn't have time to look any deeper though it worked fine on Safari.

On an accessibility note:

Last week I tested the expanding menu (as previous email) with a style sheet set to
500% font-size.
Someone once told me that lo-vision users have font-sizes set to extremes, and 500%
was the max without horizontal scrolling.
When I clicked an expandable top level menu it appeared as though nothing happened.
I.e. the extra links appeared beneath the page fold.
Which I found disorientating.  I believe screen readers may stumble too.  What marks
the difference between expandable links and normal links to the screen reader. Though
perhaps a dynamically added title tag may alleviate the problem.

Although totally based on feelings and hearsay, my conclusion was to reject all
expanding menus until better informed.

What says the people out there?

mike 2k:)2

the system manager.