From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Neerav
Sent: Wednesday, 18 August 2004 10:46 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [WSG] Valid Flash state of play

The following is valid XHTML transitional, and seems to work fine in the
browsers I've checked (IE6, Mozilla, Opera)

<object
codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.ca
b#version=6,0,0,0"

type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
data="http://www.example.com/flash.swf";
width="640" height="480">
<param name="movie" value="http://www.example.com/flash.swf"; /> </object>

--
Neerav Bhatt
http://www.bhatt.id.au

http://www.bhatt.id.au/blog/ - Ramblings Thoughts
http://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf/neerav

David McKinnon wrote:
> Does anyone know if anyone has managed to produce a valid and reliable
> way to embed Flash objects yet?
> I'm noting Nick Gleitzman's reply to Seona Bellamy yesterday [RE:
> [WSG] Can someone reproduce these issues for me please?] suggesting
> Flash Satay at A List Apart.
>
> My understanding is that the safest way is still to use Macromedia's
> invalid default method:
> http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts/documents/tn4150.html
> This is taking into account Jeffrey Zeldman's comments in Designing
> With Web Standards about Drew McLellan's Flash Satay method
> http://www.alistapart.com/articles/flashsatay/
> And noting Mark Lynch's comments on Flashvars using either the Satay
> meithod or Ian Hixie's
> http://ln.hixie.ch/?start=1081798064&count=1
>
> Anyone know any better?
>
> David McKinnon
> www.alucida.com

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/  Web standards,
accessibility, inspiration, knowledge To be held in Sydney, September 30 and
October 1, 2004