Hi everyone

I was recently told by a friend that there is talk of a browser to be released soon by Google called "gBrowser"

I have googled for any news on it, and what support for standards it may have, but haven't really heard much..

To keep on topic, has anyone heard whether it will follow standards at all?? Or will it do a Netscape and use Mozilla and add extras on top?

Their toolbar is IE only (a Mozilla version project at http://sourceforge.net/projects/google-toolbar/ has not moved in ages), so I am hoping they aren't going to base on IE

With the number of gmail accounts going about, I can only think what a few gmail plug-ins to a "gBrowser" can do, before nearly every desktop will have it installed.

Ralph

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004