> > Firstly, am I using fieldset and legend in the correct semantic manner?

Fieldset and legend elements are useful for explicitly identifying  groups
of form controls and assigning a label [legend] that relates to a group  of
controls.

The example of their use you provided looks fine.
Fieldsets can also be nested to identify sub-groups

there are a few examples (with code) of their use here:
http://www.nils.org.au/ais/web/resources/WSG_Oct_04/slide16.html

with regards

Steven Faulkner
Web Accessibility Consultant
National Information & Library Service (NILS)
454 Glenferrie Road
Kooyong Victoria 3144
Phone: (613) 9864 9281
Fax: (613) 9864 9210
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

National Information Library Service
A subsidiary of RBS.RVIB.VAF Ltd.

                      Damian Sweeney

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      .edu.au>                 cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [WSG] Help with fieldset in a
li
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      group.org

                      28/10/2004 01:25

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      wsg

Hi folks,

I'm having some trouble with a series of questions in a questionnaire
that I'd like to put in an ordered list. I'd like to use <fieldset>
and <legend> to mark up each question, thereby separating them easily
for people with assistive devices. However, I'd also like to keep the
original look and feel pre-fieldset for 'unassisted' users. An
example of the differences can be found at :

http://members.iinet.net.au/~damianfs/sample.html

Safari and Opera 7.5 on the Mac seem to handle this conversion well,
but Firefox and IE tend to put the list marker under level of the
legend.

So, a couple of questions:

Firstly, am I using fieldset and legend in the correct semantic manner?
Secondly, if I am using it correctly, are there suggestions for
fixing the display in Firefox and IE?

Many thanks,

Damian

--
Damian Sweeney
Instructional Designer, AIRport Project

This email and any attachments may contain personal information or
information that is otherwise confidential or the subject of
copyright. Any unauthorised use, disclosure or copying of any part of
it is prohibited. The University does not warrant that this email or
any attachments are free from viruses or defects. Please check any
attachments for viruses and defects before opening them. If this
email is received in error please delete it and notify us by return
email or by phoning (03) 8344 9370.