On 3 jan 2005, at 14.02, Lea de Groot wrote:
Its called a FOUC - a flash of unstyled content.

Does this problem happen with other browsers?

From memory, it only happens in IE5.5 and Safari (ok, that probably means it happens in Konquerer too...)

Safari? I use it all the time, 10-15 hours a day, and I can't remember ever seeing a FOUC in Safari. Could it be that it only happens in the very first versions? I didn't use Safari full time until late 2003, when Mac OS X 10.3 and Safari 1.1 were released, so I may not have paid attention to any FOUC going on in releases before that.

Or have I just been lucky?

/Roger

--
http://www.456bereastreet.com/