> Placing his list in a <dl> or <table> and manually numbering them
> works, but what about when a new item needs to be added to the list
> somewhere in the middle?
I'm assuming a system like this is dynamically handled back-end, so
removing this problem.

> I'm not sure what the rational for dropping the "start= " from <ol>
> was, and at first glance it seems an odd thing to do. Like others have
> mention, I can see cases where it would be useful - a results list
with
> 1,000 entry, for example, displaying 50 at a time.
But you've got to think in terms of a page - the first list item in a
page is still the first list item, regardless of where it comes in the
multi-page 1,000 results.

Vivabit Ltd., London
http://vivabit.co.uk

@media 2005