Ha ha, ok, welcome to the battle of the dictionaries. Yes I know it's not a formal standard as defined by any authority but it is a standard as established by it's common and accepted use.

Anyway my question was what are people's thoughts about this. For example; I've heard developers complain how brain dead it makes sites. To reign it in to the realm of standards based development; do any of you feel there is a strong case for site structure to follow at least some standards or ahem, convention?

Thanks,

Nick

Just out of interest what "standards" (in the sense of a generalised approach) are you all applying to site structuring?

There is a well known article (that I cannot remember the URL for) that discusses the fairly accepted standards for a site like; Home, Contact Us, About Us, News, etc. So I was curious how people here apply those kind of standards to their site structure and also what they feel about doing them for the sake of usability, etc.

Thanks,

Nick

These are more conventions than standards. It's good to follow if possible, but not necessary.

****************************************************** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/