Good Day Ladies and Gentlemen,

Let me get it off my chest - I use frames sometimes!

As far as I'm concerned, when you have a great long scrolling list (for
example) and you want (need) to keep the nav stuff stationary, frames
represent the ONLY way to do it. [posn-fixed] doesn't work in IE, nor is it
likely to from what we've heard. I do not subscribe to the short-sighted
view that you hear so often: "It's IE that's wrong, not the standards, so
I'm going to stick to the standards".  Fine if you want to lose 96% of your
visitors, but I don't. . .  So, I use frames.

OK, I know about the pitfalls, but the bookmarking thing is easy to get
over - just add 2 short lines of javascript from www.CodeLifter.com :

if (parent.location.href == self.location.href){
    window.location.href = 'whateverframeset.html' }

However, what I want to know is, which browsers don't support frames? I know
Lynx is a text-only browser, but no-one in their right mind is going to look
at a web gallery of images (e.g.) in a text-only browser.  So which others
don't support frames?  And should I be bothered?

(This is a serious question, asked in the hope of getting an informed
answer - not a rant :-)

Many thanks,

Bob McClelland,
Cornwall (U.K.)