> Well you would, if you looked at the site . . .
>>And what if I'm blind or visually impaired? Or are you going to argue
>>that "in that case, you won't appreciate the content of the site either,
>>so b*gger off"?

I would argue that in a heartbeat - when you're talking about an
architectural or otherwise design showcase site - what designer is going to
give half a though to blind or visually impaired users?  Quite honestly, in
a situation like this site... who cares about them? - it's not for people
who are blind or visually impaired.

>>Clicking images doesn't zoom them.
>
> So why not use Opera?
>>Because there is no "Best viewed in Opera" button on the page ;-)
>>Why should people change their browsers to accommodate for bad design
>>choices?

didn't want the images to zoom - perhaps it didn't fit into his design
vision.  Even though there is all the talk about the web being a fluid
medium, etc. etc. - sometimes you have a very specific idea and vision for
how you want something to look, feel and behave, and nothing is going to
stand in your way of doing that.  That's the beauty of the web - it can be
whatever you want it to be.  If you want to have a stunningly beautiful
display of nothing meaningful... do it!  If you want to spend hours
agonizing over and testing usability and accessibility for impaired users -
do it!
My two cents
Cheers,

Collin Davis