From: "wayne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2005 12:54 PM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: RE: [WSG] Visual Studio/.net general question

I think you will find that coldfusion makes life harder in respect to
web standards compliance. The code I have seen being churned out looks
like it has gone through a mangler with huge chunks of white space etc.

In general though, I agree with James, the server side language should
not really hinder this, I am developing a couple of sites using ASP.NET
and the layout is pure CSS using XHTML strict. The IDE might have more
effect on this as some of them play around with your code, but that is
easily averted by not using design view and taking the time to configure
them properly.