But doesn't that depend on what you're using the bold tag for? There are times, for instance - when you might want something to appear bold visually, but it wouldn't need to be spoken louder/emphasized for a screen reader, which - if I'm not mistaken, reads <strong> differently than it would normal text.

Just my point of view on the whole matter :)

Brian Cummiskey wrote:

Christian Montoya wrote:

I don't think <b></b> is valid. Just do another span, with { font-weight:bold; }

<b> tags are still valid in xhtml1.0 strict, but they don't posess any semantic value, which is why moving to <strong> is the preferred mark-up.