I need to rephrase what I said earlier.

If you are using the hcard microformat, or you want to apply styles to
each constiuent use <span>. If the previous conditions are not true, then
use <br>, because it has much semantic value as <span> and uses less
markup.

used to give a document structure - like an inline <div>. In, and of
itself it has no semantic meaning, unlike <p>, <h1>, <h2> which are
semantic elements.

Used with the hcard format -- and provided my browser knows what hcard is
(which would be possible if it has a namespace) -- then yes it would have
semantic meaning.

kind regards
Terrence Wood.

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]