Hmmm I disagree, with the hack you can change it from the one css file in the future, with your method you add unnecessary markup to the xhtml.  I'd rather use a hack than have bloated markup.
(Although these days I use the conditional comment to separate out style sheets when needed which results in no bloated markup and no hacks.)

Charlie Bartlett wrote:
Because it is a hack, I tend to use the same technique as Joesph, I think its best to avoid hacks wherever possible.

Charlie