Samuel Richardson wrote:

> Felix Miata wrote:

> >Ted Drake wrote:

> >>Firefox has just officially released 1.5
> >>http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/releases/1.5.html

> >>It's time to upgrade. If you haven't been using the beta, you'll be
> >>pleasantly surprised.

> >Does the Web Developer Extension run in it with your old profile without
> >fussing with it? I've been using both, but web dev only in 1.0.7 and
> >separate profiles for each.

> If you already have RC3 installed then you don't need to install this
> (as they are the same).

I knew they were 8 days ago when it was announced among the Mozilla
developers that the release of 1.5 was expected to be no more than
renaming 1.5rc3. I've been running the 1.5 branch releases since they
were initially released as 1.5b1.

> The web developer toolbar has and update that works with 1.5

I did not install web dev in rc3, only in 1.0.7. I use two Firefox
profiles, one for the latest release, in which I have the latest web dev
installed, and one for some newer non-release version in which I never
install any extensions of any kind, that I have been using with the
pre-release 1.5's.

So, the question remains, does a release version profile with web dev
installed work without doing anything special when upgrading the release
version from 1.0.x to 1.5?
--
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength."
                                                Philippians 4:13 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/