The rendering you're seeing is because the body of the page has zero height
(a quirks mode behaviour, I suspect). Firefox isn't ignoring the second
center at all.

Simply typing this into the address bar fixes your layout:

javascript:alert(document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0].style.height='100%
');

Set the height property of the body to 100% in your CSS to get the desired
rendering. Or as I mentioned previously, make your page valid HTML instead
of just a couple of disembodied tags.

--

Kevin Yank
Technical Director