> i don't think you are missing anything.  imo what you are proposing

Actually I think I was missing something, because in my opinion, this was a
no brainer and I didn't expect these answers at all.
For me if it fits in a two column table then it's not tabular data. I have a
need for a table when it is the only tool that would make sense of the data.
Usually that's the way I think about it, if it makes sense only in a table
then it's tabular data. I don't think the other way around, I don't leave
room for any other consideration. So in short, if it *also* makes sense in a
DL or an UL or anything else (without styling), then it is not tabular data.
Because only tables can display tabular data. I don't know if you see what I
mean though, I may be making this more complicated than it is :)

> in your example is not tabular data at all.  it's content followed by
> a string of dots ending in more content.  if you are critized for
> thinking this is tabular data, then you should be critized; but, if
> you are being critized for wanting to pursue this type of
> presentation outside of a table, then i too am critized.

Yes I was criticized for suggesting that a Definition List was may be more
appropriate. I'm *really* surprised that so many people on *this* list
replied saying that using a table in this case would be ok. Because in my
opinion it's not. I'm not saying that people should not use a table for
this, I'm just saying that I don't think it is the "proper" solution in this
particular case. And I do think there is a definitive answer :-)

Anyway, this was my examples using a Definition List
http://www.tjkdesign.com/lab/dot_dl/
http://www.tjkdesign.com/lab/dot_dl/with_no_image.asp

Thanks to all who responded

---