OK, I'll bite... Why is this better than one, nicely formatted and commented
file?  It would seem to me that your way would be significantly slower to
load, and harder to find things in ("where is that #main_title div
again...").

It would seem that there must be major advantages to this I'm not seeing.
Care to enlighten?