Hi Tim

The Web Accessibility Network for Australian Universities (WANAU) is a volunteer group with no formal structure (that I know of), much like Web Standards Group. It seeks to promote Web accessibility within Australian universities.

They run a mailing list [1], forums at universities [2] and generally have a 'birds of a feather' meeting at OZeWAI [3] and possibly other conferences, like AusWeb. WANAU is not from RMIT, although WANAU's 2007 Victorian forum was held at RMIT. [4] I helped organise it and I chaired it. It was well attended, with almost 100 people attending from most (if not all) Victorian universities. People seemed to like it.

WANAU do not sell training courses.  They don't sell anything, actually.

Dey Alexander is an independent consultant. [5] She used to work for Monash University. She probably has worked with Vision Australia in the past. She has completed one review of Australian university Web sites, similar to what you describe [6], and is currently undertaking a second, to update the findings of the first review. The results will be presented this year at AusWeb. [7]

[2]     WANAU forums: <http://www.wanau.org/forums2007/>
[3]     OZeWAI conference: <http://www.ozewai.org/>
[4] 2007 Victorian WANAU forum: <http://www.wanau.org/forums2007/ melbourne.html>
[5]     Dey Alexander Consulting: <http://www.deyalexander.com/>